EPA Meets Daines Requests in Superfund Task Force Report
U.S. SENATE – U.S. Senator Steve Daines today secured his recommendations in U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Superfund Task Force Report released by Administrator Scott Pruitt.
“With nearly 20 National Priority List Superfund sites in Montana, it’s a high priority of mine to ensure we are doing all we can to work toward cleaning them up,” Daines stated “I am glad to see Administrator Pruitt take into account my recommendations and I look forward to continue working with the EPA to improve the Superfund program.”
On June 27, Daines sent a letter to Pruitt that included recommendations for improvements to the Superfund program. Click HERE to download Daines’ letter to Pruitt.
The following recommendations from Daines were included in the Superfund Task Force Report:
- Expediting the pace of cleanup of Superfund sites
- Using the Superfund Alternative Approach more frequently
- Facilitating on-the-ground cooperation with impacted parties
- Prioritizing Superfund program within the EPA’s mission
- Enforcing standards consistently
- Using the program funding efficiently
Previous Article Next Article