Democrats Block Daines’ Standalone Bill to Provide $14 Billion in Assistance for Ukraine
U.S. SENATE – U.S. Senator Steve Daines’ standalone bill to provide $14 billion in military and humanitarian assistance to Ukraine was blocked today by Senate Democrats.
“I’m disappointed to see my colleagues across the aisle choose politics over reason and block my bill that would have provided $14 billion in assistance to Ukraine in response to Russia’s ongoing invasion,” Daines said.
The bill would have provided:
- $3.5 billion for military equipment
- $3 billion for DOD to re-position forces in response to Russia’s actions
- $6 billion in humanitarian and refugee assistance
- $650 million in foreign military financing to support Ukraine and regional allies
- Authorizes loan guarantees to help Ukraine and NATO divest from Russian legacy military equipment
To read the bill text, click HERE.
Previous Article Next Article