U.S. SENATE – U.S. Senator Steve Daines released the following statement upon President Biden submitting his FY23 budget request to Congress.
“As Montana families are struggling with skyrocketing prices on everything from groceries to gas to rent, President Biden wants to pour fuel on his inflation dumpster fire with more big government, wasteful spending. His budget adds trillions to our national debt and recklessly spends Montanans’ taxpayer dollars on the far-Left’s liberal wish list,” Daines said. “At a time when Montanans are feeling the sting of the Democrats’ wasteful tax and spend agenda, we should be reining in government spending, not spending more.”
Some of the items included in President Biden’s draft budget:
- A $1 trillion tax increase for American families and a $1.5 trillion tax hike for business owners
- $1.4 billion to deploy electric vehicle chargers and other alternative fueling infrastructure
- $5 billion in climate adaptation measures
- $1.6 billion for the international Green Climate Fund
- Adds nearly $15 trillion to the national debt