U.S. SENATE — U.S. Senator Steve Daines made the following statement after the U.S. House of Representatives moved to pass several trillion dollars in reckless tax and spend proposals that will hurt Montana:
“From the beginning of this debate, I warned the Democrats will use the massive ‘infrastructure’ spending proposal as a stepping stone to pass their larger, reckless tax and spending spree that will push the U.S. down the path of socialism—we saw that happen in the House last night. Both proposals will significantly increase the national debt and represent one of the largest expansions of the federal government in history. President Biden and the Democrats’ reckless proposals will increase taxes on Montana families, workers, small businesses, and farmers and ranchers, and add to the skyrocketing inflation crisis we’re seeing today.”
Part of the Democrats massive tax & spending spree bill will:
- Set off a hyperinflation bomb. Montanans are already facing skyrocketing prices on everything from gas, groceries, energy and cars; injecting trillions of new spending into the economy will exacerbate the problem.
- Raise taxes by more than $400 billion on small businesses, which will reduce job growth and lower wages for Montana workers.
- Cut taxes for the rich with about $240 billion in tax cuts for Americans making at least $200,000.
- Supersize the IRS by spending over $80 billion to add over 80,000 new IRS agents to assert more control over the lives and finances of Montanans.
- Mandate taxpayer funding for abortion-on-demand despite Americans being overwhelmingly opposed to this concept.
- Fork over hundreds of billions in green subsidies to advance Bernie’s radical Green New Deal initiative that will destroy Montana jobs and leave families with higher gas and energy prices.
Daines previously voted against the $1.2 trillion spending package because it only spends 23% on traditional infrastructure and adds to the national debt, despite being told it would not.