U.S. SENATE – U.S. Senator Steve Daines today announced his five principal nominations made up of Montana students who are applying for enrollment into U.S. Federal Service Academies.
“It’s an honor to nominate these five outstanding young Montanans who will compete for an appointment at one of our nation’s service academies,” Daines said. “I applaud these hardworking students for their commitment to continuing Montana’s legacy of service to our Armed Forces and wish them the best as they continue in this extremely competitive process.”
A congressional nomination is a critical step in the process for Montanans seeking admission to the U.S. Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis or the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point.
Students interested in applying for a nomination from the Senator were required to submit an extensive application that documents their academic, civic and athletic abilities, as well as their commitment to military service. An academy selection board assembled by Daines reviewed the applications and conducted interviews of the applicants.
The following is a list of Daines’ principal academy nominations:
· Alaynee Hawley, Harlem, principal Nominee to U.S. Air Force Academy
· Riley Horton, Missoula, principal Nominee to U.S. Air Force Academy
· Calahan Barker, Red Lodge, principal Nominee to U.S. Naval Academy
· Brandon Wenzel, Big Fork, principal Nominee to West Point Military Academy
· Gideon Survoy, Bozeman, principal Nominee to U.S. Merchant Marine Academy