U.S. SENATE — U.S. Senator Steve Daines today voted for and secured Senate passage of critical Montana priorities in the Senate defense bill called the “National Defense Authorization Act” (NDAA). Daines secured a 3% pay raise for the military, relief for service members impacted by COVID-19 and support for the Montana Army and Air National Guard and Malmstrom Air Force Base in Great Falls.
To download full video, click HERE.
“This bipartisan bill strengthens Montana’s defense priorities, supports Malmstrom Air Force Base and gives our brave men and women serving our nation a much deserved pay raise,” Daines said. “I will continue working to get these Montana defense priorities signed into law and ensure our military has the support it needs to keep America safe.”
Montana Defense Wins in the NDAA:
- Addresses limitations regarding Military Construction (MILCON) and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Launch Facilities. It will also allow the Secretary of Defense to use certain funds for MILCON projects related to modernizing missile silos and Missile Alert Facilities.
- Gives a 3% pay increase for members of the military
- Provides reserve retirement relief for service members affected by the COVID-19 stop movement order. This follows Daines’ direct request.
- Establishes a semiconductor incentive grant, to construct expand or modernize facilities related to the production of semiconductors in the U.S. These grants would focus on producing microelectronics for use by the Department of Defense, intelligence community and other national security applications.
- $1.5 billion in full funding for GBSD which will strengthen our missile defense systems at Malmstrom
- $194 million for Huey replacement, with Malmstrom the first ICBM base to receive upgraded versions
- $25 million in Military Construction Spending for the Weapon Storage and Maintenance Facility at Malmstrom