U.S. SENATE — U.S. Senator Steve Daines today voted to avoid a government shut down and to preserve and protect services import to Montana’s children, seniors, and local communities.
“This is a necessary vote to keep the government open and to fund CHIP,”said Daines.
Additionally, the bill will:
- Provide $2.85 billion for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Provide $550 million in funding for Community Health Centers.
- Prevent $23 million in cuts to mineral royalty penalties.
- Prevent cuts to Medicare.
- Provide $4.7 billion in funding for missile defense and other defense priorities.