U.S. SENATE —U.S. Senator Steve Daines today announced that newly confirmed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue will deliver a keynote address at the Montana Ag Summit 2017.
The summit, co-sponsored by Daines, will take place in Great Falls on May 31 and June 1, 2017. The Montana Ag Summit will bring the nation’s agricultural leaders to Montana’s Golden Triangle. The summit will focus on strengthening international relationships for Montana agriculture, showcasing technological advancements, promoting the next generation of farmers and ranchers, and discussing the challenges of federal policies and regulations.
“I’m excited to host Secretary Perdue in Montana for the Montana Ag Summit,” Daines stated. “This will be a great opportunity for Secretary Perdue to see Montana’s number one economic driver firsthand and talk with our hardworking farmers and ranchers. Nothing replaces seeing our state and hearing what’s on the minds of Montanans.”
On March 23, 2017, Daines invited Perdue to the Montana Ag Summit during his confirmation hearing.
To register and for more information please visit www.agsummitmontana.com.
Dates: May 31 – June 1
Additional speakers include:
- U.S. Senator Pat Roberts, Chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry
- Phil DiPofi, President & CEO of Northwest Farm Credit Services
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, Acting Chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Augusto Bassanini, President and CEO of United Grain Corporation
- Juan Ramon Alaix, CEO of Zoetis
- Keith McGovern, CEO of the R.D. Offutt Company
Daines is Montana’s only member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry and serves as Chairman of the Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources Subcommittee.
Members of the press are welcome to attend and can RSVP by emailing Katie_Waldman@daines.senate.gov.