Havre, Big Sandy receive federal airport grants
U.S. Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont., announced Wednesday in a press release that the airports at Havre and Big Sandy are among Montana facilities receiving almost $8.9 million in funding for upgrades and maintenance.
The $1,216,934 grant for the Havre City-County Airport will be used to:
• Fund the final phase for the rehabilitation of 10,000 square yards of the existing apron to maintain the structural integrity of the pavement.
• Fund the second of three construction phases for the rehabilitation of 400 feet of the existing Taxiway C needed to maintain structural integrity of the pavement.
• Fund the final phase for the reconstruction of 5,000 square yards of the existing apron pavement that has reached the end of its useful life.
The $75,863 grant for Big Sandy will:
• Fund the replacement of the airport’s existing beacon that has reached the end of its useful life.
• Fund the replacement of the airport’s existing segmented circle and wind cone navigational aids which have reached the end of their useful lives.
• Fund the rehabilitation of the current lighting system electrical vault that has reached the end of its useful life and requires rehabilitation to meet Federal Aviation Administration standards.
Source: Havre Daily News
Previous Article Next Article